Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Web design

My third project is now in the books. You can view it here if you're so inclined. It's not a great site. I put a ton of work into my previous project site and I think it was one of the better sites that my class made. But then, we had to do a peer review. I was assigned this website to review. I reviewed it and tried to be as positive as I could. But frankly, it's horrible. The girl who made this site sits directly in front of me. When our teacher passed back our graded project plans, I saw over her shoulder. She only received three less points than me. We had both fulfilled the requirements of the project, but I'd gone to a lot of extra work to make my site realistic and fairly functional. Yet, I didn't feel like I got any credit for the intangibles.

So, this was fairly demotivating for my third project. I decided to say screw the extra work of making a really good (for a beginner) site and did some experimenting with using CSS to design the page rather than just using straight tables.

So anyway, I've got one last major project to do and I need ideas on subject matter. I need to put something together with 10-12 pages. Any thoughts from this creative group?

2 comments:

Lois said...

Hi, Pete...doesn't that just frost you when you know you went the extra mile & some else chooses not to, & there is really not much difference. That does stink!

I am interested in getting more info on what your project requirements are for your 10-12 page project. Are you able to incorporate power point? In my part-time job at the college, I get to view many different and varied computer projects. Some of the best ones use power point & add sound & music.

Better luck next time...I did read it & enjoyed it. I am also keeping up occasionally with your other blogger and enjoying that immensely.

Lois

Frostbike said...

I don't think I'll be able to use powerpoint. We went over the requirements in class last week and there was no mention of using it or learning how to before the project is due. So I'll be working strictly with HTML.