Friday, October 20, 2006

Flag of Our Fathers

Dale & I just returned from seeing this movie...In our opinion it gets four stars!

After watching this movie, I feel even more honored to be a daughter of a WWII veteran. I know that Dad wasn't in Iwo Jima, but I still was moved with the notion that my life could've never existed, if Dad had been injured or died while serving in WWII.

I was also touched when I heard (again) that this generation of men went to war, saw & did what they had to, came home, got married, & raised a family...& not only lived a "normal" lives, but raised a decent generation of kids. Wow...that really is big!

If you have a notion, see the movie...you won't be disappointed. And, don't forget your kleenex.

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

I read his other book, Flyboys, and thought that was good. I would like to see the movie too.

Gary Lamon said...

Nancy and I would love to see it also. Nancy's Dad also was in
WW II in North Afriica. Nancy still wears a ring from an Agate from North Africa and says it is the best gift she has ever gotten from anyone.