Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Big Bash!

Boy, did I have a party! You betcha, I did. I used a fiesta theme and had Mexican food and decorations. I even made paper flowers and borrowed cacti from Myrna to help make things a little more southwestern. Matt and Mandy even came with sombreros. Ole!

After dinner we looked at old photo albums, then played Spoons--it was a fun game for all ages. Then came the cake. Did you know that 60 candles will set off a smoke alarm?? Just like the greeting cards, huh? That might have been the highlight of the party.

Nancy took some great pictures for posterity (and the blog).

So I turned 60 with a lot of fanfare--I'd recommend it for anyone.

Carol

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

Oops, somebody let the cat out of the bag about the smoke detector. And after we'd all sworn that elaborate oath of privacy too! :-)

starfire said...

Happy Birthday! Ole!