Sunday, September 7, 2008

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime

North Country Business Products (where I work) is a major sponsor of the United Way. We have fund raisers from time to time. One of the recent fund raisers was an Auction. People would donate things or get stuff from other businesses and then we would auction the items off.
Each year I have donated a couple of 6 packs of homemade beer...the beer usually sold for around $20.00 a six pack.
We this year, both of my beer recipes we not very good. So I had nothing....
I decided to donate my time and knowledge of brewing-So I make up a flyer that said-"Learn How To Brew" -Minimum donation to the united way was $25.
We ended up selling eight of these lessons-for a total donation of $200.
So now I figure I need to makea couple of two batches-get some extra bottles and have a party! It should be fun!
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

That's a great idea!

Matt said...

Take off, hosehead!