Monday, September 29, 2008

Is it time to tighten up?

Who really knows what is going to happen with the future-
As for me I hate paying for the high heat costs, high transportation costs, high grocery etc-
I am trying to figure out how  spend less certain things- or to be more "frugal". Dale and Lois saved about $50 by repairing and old wheelbarrow. 
 One thing we do is we have decided not to go into town on the weekends. We do our shopping after work and that saves us a few ways-we save the money on gas for the extra trip- and we tend not to buy as much unneeded stuff when we shop,-because we just want to get home. But the big bonus is that we gained some extra time on the weekend by not needing to go shopping.
Another way we are saving some-is by weather striping and filling in/repairing some of the holes around the house-I was surprised how many openings there were in the house.
I am trying to do more work from the office as opposed to driving all over the state-when gas was relatively cheap-its wasn't an issue-today-if I drive more than 100-150 miles in a day-that becomes an expensive day-
I am also trying to work from home at least once in a while-As a salesman I can do that from time to time...I'm not sure about how productive I am but I do know the house gets a bit cleaner and the pets are happier and I still take care of my customers.
Let us know some of the things you are doing to cut your expenses.



  

No comments: