Wednesday, April 5, 2006

The Next Step


Well, it's official. I'm officially ready to begin the next step in my career. Not too long ago, I recieved a phone call saying I was being offered a nurse intern position. I'm rather excited. I'll be working at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield in their 8 week nurse intern program. I'll be working on 3 North, which is a cardiac floor. I work 32 hours per week with that, and then I'll be working 8 hours a week in my current job as Nursing Assistant in the Birth Center. I can't believe I've been working there for almost 2 years already. I'm excited and scared at the same time. Excited, because it's the next step and because I'll learn a lot. Scared because people's lives are going to be in my hands. I work with a nurse preceptor, and she pretty much follows us around to make sure we're doing everything right and then she gives us little hints along the way. I didn't think I had shared that with anyone, so I thought I should. Only 4 more weeks of school! Yay! Oh yeah, one more thing, I'm going to Colorado on a road trip in May. I'm excited. I think that's about all that's new with me, hope everyone is doing well!

7 comments:

Frostbike said...

Cool, you're on your way!

Anna said...

I already work in the hospital, but I won't be starting the intern position until June 5th. I'll also be working there as an RN when I graduate :)

Lois said...

Exciting...& congrats! Does that mean that you won't be taking a position any place else..? Or is the RN position there just too good to pass up? Whatever, good things happen to good people that work hard!!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Anna, that's great. Congratulations!

Anna said...

Well, I have a $10,000 loan from the hospital which is paying for my schooling. Because of that, I am required to work at St. Joes for 2 years following graduation. I was planning on moving back home anyways, so it all is working out so far.

Lois said...

That's good!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Anna!!! It sounds like you're really enjoying the field you're going into. Good luck with the new position.