Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fall Gardens


This picture is NOT MY GARDEN but ours does look a bit like this. The flowers are still blooming and we have not been touched by frost. But you can see the life draining slowly out of the irises and petunias.The veggies are mostly done and the grass is not growing nearly as much.The trimming and mowing has slowed.
We are going to Duluth this weekend to see Nick and Scott (and their new home) and we hope to go up the north shore and see a few colors.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Have you been on top of the hill & seen the rose gardens? I wonder if they are still in bloom...they are beautiful?

Frostbike said...

I think you're going to have a great weekend for visiting. Say hi for me!

Gary Lamon said...

top of what hill?

Lois said...

I know Nick knows where I am referring to because we ran into him & a friend there once when all the roses were in bloom. It overlooks Lake Superior & it is totally beautiful! Nick...help me out, okay??