Sunday, November 11, 2007

Remember Those Who Served



Veteran's Day for me means remembering and honoring the service of those that served.

The old guys-Bryce and his brothers- The Gregerson Boys (whom I will not name)-when they went to war it was "for the duration" and they did not know when they would see home next-Many were gone 3-6 years straight and knew that they were in for the long haul! Most all able bodied men and women either went to war or were somehow supporting the war-

Dad, Thank you for your service!
Cedric-Was also in the "big one". I am remembering you today!
Al Lamon-(Dad's Brother) was in for over 15 years-Thank you Al-for your service!
Scott Saunders, (Viet Nam Era)Thank you Scott, for your service!

Russel Lamon- Russel was in for over 15 years-I saw him while we Germany-Thank you, Russel for your service!

Matt Saunders-Thank you Matt, for your service-If my memory is correct-Matt served for 3-4 years

and our most recent vet...

Mike Lamon. As most of you know Mike has recently returned from Combat operations in Iraq-He was injured and received the purple heart-I am really happy he came back from this one alive. Mike-Thank you for your service!
I am VERY PROUD of all of our families vets!

I may have missed someone but I hope not- If so let me know. (the memory is the first to go).

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

Great post, Gary. Thanks to all who served.

Lois said...

Hey, Gary...you did miss someone...YOU! Thanks for your service, too!