Sunday, August 7, 2005

Pepper

I love pepper. Even more than salt. If I had to give one or the other up, salt would be the first to go. We have a very nice pepper mill in the shape of a wine bottle. It was a wedding present from my aunt Linda and uncle Glenn. I think most of the Saunders side of the family has received one as a wedding present as well. We use a three peppercorn blend in it; white, red and black. This is where 90% of my pepper comes from. But for some reason, I don't like this pepper on eggs. For eggs, you really need the basic black pre-ground stuff. Something like you would find in the shaker at a diner.

This morning for breakfast I had some leftover potatoes that I made the other day. They were a twice-baked style with cheese, ham and onion. When I originally served this I used the fresh ground pepper. Today I went for the cheap stuff. The cheap stuff wins for this dish, hands down.

No comments: