Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Spices, Etc.

Pete's posting on peppercorns really sparked my interest...thanks, Pete. I am a true food lover of great tasting food! If I taste something & it doesn't just grab me as worth eating, I (in my older but wiser age) just don't finish it. I have the attitude that if it doesn't taste good, it just isn't worth wasting calories (points) on it. Yes, I know that we were brought up by depression parents and were taught to "clean our plates," BUT, I have my health to think about, too!
Peppercorns - Two years ago, I bought a large container (18 oz) of Tone's whole black peppercorns & we love them. They were inexpensive, one variety, but good. I use them on everything, including eggs, and when we ran out of the "cheap" stuff, I never replaced it.
Has anyone tried the new hot salt made by Morton? It does have a little kick to it...wonder how it would taste on eggs?

2 comments:

Frostbike said...

It would probably be great on eggs. I've never tried it, myself. I used to put a little Lowry's seasoned salt on eggs. Yum!

Anna said...

I'm assuming it would be pretty good too. When I make eggs, I put on some of our homemade season salt. That's pretty good too!