Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Interesting Concept Indeed

This is an interesting concept with pros and cons on both sides as well as putting values on human organs...I am listening to MPR this morning and there are two transplant surgeons discussing and, I might add, in favor of selling kidneys because the time of wait for a kidney is about six years right now. Think about this...they are proposing a price range between $50-60,000 for a donation of a kidney. Other countries are already doing this...should we follow suit? Could/would you sell a kidney for $$$?

2 comments:

Gary Lamon said...

60 Grand! Holy Cow! I could pay my house off-Nancy wouldn't have to work anymore without a house payment!

Yon Saucy Wench said...

Nah, that's not enough $$$s for me to go through major surgery and lose an organ in the process. I'll keep mine. (Unless Pete or the kids need one, of course.)