Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back to School it is



Just like the rest of you, it is back to school time for me. I moved the majority of my stuff to Winona today. I woke up an hour after my alarm was set for when the phone rang, and then I took all of my stuff to the garage, then loaded it into my car, then unloaded it onto the deck and then into my room. Today just made me realize once again how much I hate moving. You pack up all your belongs just to unpack them a few hours later and then a few months later, do the exact same thing. I guess it is a pretty good way to do some cleaning and get rid of the stuff you don't want anymore I guess. When I left this morning, I definitely wasn't ready to come back here, but now that I'm here, it isn't so bad. I moved all of my stuff into my room within about an hour of getting here. Now it's a matter of unpacking and getting everything where I want it. That will be kind of hard because I don't have everything here. My parents are coming down on Saturday and they are bringing my couch, dresser, and another storage thing. I don't really know what to call it. So once all that gets here, I will really be able to unpack. I'm waiting for my books to get here too. My dad ordered them, so they should be coming here shortly. Tonight a bunch of my friends and I went up to Garvin Heights, which is a look-out on top of the bluffs. It looks out over the entire city of Winona as well as the Mississippi River, it was just gorgeous. Next time I go up there, I'll try to remember to take my camera and maybe post some pictures. It would have been much better if it wasn't cloudy so we could see the stars, but oh well, maybe another night. I also want to go up there sometime during the day too. Classes start for me on Monday. I'll be starting my driving back and forth to Rochester and back. Oh well, the year will be over before I know it and then I'll be living in the big city of Rochester til I graduate. So if anyone is ever in the southern part of MN, give me a call or ship me an email and if I'm around we can get together for dinner or something. I am wanting to make a trip up to Bemidji sometime. I don't know when it will be. I never have classes on Friday, so I have 3-day weekends all the time. I'll let y'all know when I figure something out.

4 comments:

Lois said...

I have a problem reading blue ink on my computer...am I alone? I can't read this posting from Anna at all...& I have some difficulties with her last one, too, but I was able to make it out.

Anna said...

Hm...What color is the background on your page. Because on mine, it is Black, so everything shoes up. I'll edit it and change it to gray or white.

Anna said...

could you read it after i changed the color of the font?

Lois said...

Red was a little easier than blue, but black is awesome!