Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Deep in the Heart (disease) of Texas

I went to the fair this year and ate more than my fair share of deep fried junk. To be precise:
deep fried pickles
pronto pup
deep fried cheese curds
Sweet Martha's Cookies
tater tot hotdish on a stick
other stuff I can't (or don't want to) remember

But the Texas State Fair may have gone and outdone the Minnesota State Fair. How can tater tot hotdish on a stick be topped, you ask? Three words: Deep Fried Coke.

I'll let that roll around your brain a bit.

OK, here's what it is:

Abel Gonzales Junior's Fried Coke includes Coca-Cola flavored batter that is deep fried and with Coke fountain syrup drizzled on it.

That's topped with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar and a cherry.


Link for sharing with your friends

3 comments:

Anna said...

I didn't make it up to the state fair...too busy I guess. But how was the fried pickle on a stick???

Gary Lamon said...

Carol should liked that one.

Frostbike said...

The pickle wasn't on a stick, it was deep fried pickle slices. But it was really good! Of course, I like pickles a lot.