Thursday, September 7, 2006

More from Paul Bunyan Amusement Park

I remember going to the amusement park one year with Pete. I was young enough where I've forgotten the details, so Pete will have to correct it if I've messed it up.

Pete and I were at the amusement park by ourselves. We were trying to win goldfish at one of the booths and, as luck would have it, we won one (or two). When we were done at the amusement park, we had been told to give Grandma Saunders a call to come pick us up, but for some reason we couldn't get a hold of her from the payphone. I remember us walking home from the park along Birchmont Dr. with our plastic bag of newly won goldfish in hand. I believe we ended up naming them Jaws I and Jaws II. This began a trend, and over the next few years Jaws III through VII came along. We were very creative with the names, don't you think?

3 comments:

Frostbike said...

I can't remember, didn't Grandma pick us up on Birchmont?

Gary Lamon said...

Did you go up the big hill?

Matt said...

I remember walking on Birchmont. I really don't remember if we walked all the way there or if she picked us up part way.

I remember always having fun trying to win stuff at the park in Bemidji.